Friday, February 19, 2016

Review of Kazuo Ishiguro's The Buried Giant

The Buried GiantThe Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Honestly, I had a hard time getting into this story. There were elements I liked, and a few chapters I couldn't put down, but over all, I never became attached to the characters like I normally do. I suspect however, that this is a failing on my part and not the author. I think there were too many times I became distracted and just read the words without understanding the sentences.

I will say the end shocked me. I literally made a noise when I read the last sentence because it ended in such a way that I was not ready for it to end.

I think I'll need to re-read this someday to fully understand some of the artsy and poetic stuff I missed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment